• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Reference Want to know how to pronounce a medical term?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
This was one tidbit that came out in the May 2013 Q&A Webinar...

Website www.howjsay.com is a place to go to hear how words, including medical terms, are pronounced.

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
This was one tidbit that came out in the May 2013 Q&A Webinar...

Website www.howjsay.com is a place to go to hear how words, including medical terms, are pronounced.
Thank you Ruth. I really enjoyed last Q&A Webinar. I think pronouncing medical terms is half the fun- espcially when you watch YouTube videos and all the doctors say things differently. Still, I'd like to try out this website.

The other thing I especially liked last night was Alicia's explanations of EMR's & EHR's. It made me recall a bit from an article I read a little while back regarding the two. http://www.healthit.gov/buzz-blog/electronic-health-and-medical-records/emr-vs-ehr-difference/

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thank you, Ruth. I enjoyed the webinar last night and thought that was a good website to medical terminology pronunciation. When do we get the CEUs for the webinar in our email?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I am in the howjsay.com. How do you get started with hearing the pronunciation and where is the medical terminology section?

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I am in the howjsay.com. How do you get started with hearing the pronunciation and where is the medical terminology section?
RE: CEU's I think it was mentioned that an email would be sent to those who attended to the end. The mail is expected to go out on Monday and would include instructions for obtaining your CEU.
RE: Howjsay, when I use the link Ruth gave, I just enter the word in the field box and submit. It automatically pronounces the word after you submit it. I have entered several medical terms and only one it did not find.